Microsoft applied for a patent (WIPO), for a crypto system based on body activities last week at thursday.
Official patent abstract:
- Human body activity associated with a task provided to a user may be used in a mining process of a cryptocurrency system.
- A server may provide a task to a device of a user which is communicatively coupled to the server.
- A sensor communicatively coupled to or comprised in the device of the user may sense body activity of the user.
- Body activity data may be generated based on the sensed body activity of the user.
- The cryptocurrency system communicatively coupled to the device of the user may verify if the body activity data satisfies one or more conditions set by the cryptocurrency system, and award cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified.
“Mining can use brainwave or body heat…. Instead of the extensive computational work required by some conventional cryptocurrency systems, data generated from the user’s body activity may be evidence of work, and therefore the user may unknowingly solve the arithmetic formula.”
Microsoft has not yet given an official position when the system will be available and ready for use in practice, but we believe that it will bring to a successful end.