The Market Carnage Did Not Affect Most of The Crypto Investors

54% of crypto investors have not sold their coins and are looking at the cryptocurrency market meltdown with a positive attitude.

The Market Carnage Did Not Affect Most of The Crypto Investors

During the first half of 2022, crypto assets lost almost half of their value. Several holders have changed their investment strategies, with some investors dumping their assets altogether. Yet, a significant proportion of investors are unfazed and still believe the market will rally.

When asked about the market meltdown, 78% of respondents noted it did not harm them. Despite escalating selloffs,  54% of crypto investors had not sold their digital assets. Out of the remaining 46%, 26% cashed out their investment. Meanwhile, 20% of investors had sold only a small amount of their assets, according to data from Civic Science.

The crypto market has built a reputation for having quick returns despite the volatility, which has always served as the main motivation for investors to get involved.

Bitcoin has recorded the worst quarterly returns of -56% during Q2 2022. The Bloomberg Intelligence Mike McGlone believes that in the second half of 2022, the crypto market led by Bitcoin will rally. Indeed, the crypto market showed signs of rallying and turning green in July.

In the meantime, Brevan Howard, an asset manager announced that the launch of the largest $1 billion crypto hedge fund is under management. Moreover, BlackRock has partnered with Coinbase to promote institutional cryptocurrency investments.

Share Tweet Send
You've successfully subscribed to CCnews24
Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to CCnews24
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.